We are specialists in Complex Cladding and Building Defects
Our specialist Cladding and Defect rectification team have performed beyond expectation to date, setting and reaching several stretch targets as per the scope associated with this Request For Tender (RFT).
If you’re looking for Apartment Cladding and Building Defects rectifications specialists in Melbourne with expert knowledge, and a team who are able to empathise with your needs, you have come to the right place! Our team will ensure your recieve the best, safest and most cost-effective result possible when it comes to the removal of combustible cladding, and defect rectification at your site.
Project Management, Superintendency & Clerk of Works Services across
- Combustible Cladding
- Structural Issues
- Initial & ongoing inspection reporting
- Meet with the OC & OCM to undertake a review of the building to ensure a holistic understanding of the rectification scope as well as the OC key drivers for the project (cost, program, staging, etc)
- Prepare and advertise Design & Construct (D&C) tender
- Preparation and distribution of tender package to suitably qualified Builders
- Prepare and distribute Building Surveying tender
- Coordinate tender RFI and addendum processes
- Assess tender submissions against pre-determined evaluation criteria
- Coordinate tender interviews with the OC (if required)
- Reference checks as required
- Provide a recommendation for the OC to engage a builder. This recommendation will consider cost, program, experience, capacity, and construction methodology.
- Assist the OC with reporting to the Municipal Building Surveyor (MBS)
- Provide a cashflow forecast to the OC and OCM for the duration of the project based on the recommended Builder’s program and forecast contract value.
- Produce a robust design and construct building contract that is tried and tested for Builders, limiting the OC’s commercial exposure for variations and disputes.
- Contract negotiation and award of the successful D&C Builder
- Procurement of a Relevant Building Surveyor (RBS) & Peer review Architect
- Throughout Delivery Phase
- Undertake weekly meetings with key project stakeholders and provide detailed meeting minutes
- Review and certify monthly progress claims
- Stakeholder management
- Cashflow forecasting to ensure the OC is prepared for monthly claims
- General project management tasks as required
Design & Pre-Construction:
- Project management during the Contractor’s design period
- MBS coordination
- Coordination with Town Planning regarding the new façade colour
- Coordinate peer review of Contractor’s design solution (draft and final)
- Presentation of Contractor’s design solution to the OC/OCM (Design Endorsement meeting)
- Coordination of Building Permit application process and attainment
- Review of Contractor’s Construction Management Plan (CMP)
- Formally agree with the MBS that the proposed design solution will close-out the building notice.
- Contract management and administration
- Program management and reporting
- Review Builder’s monthly progress reports and provide to the OC & OCM
- Undertake site inspections
- Coordination of defects inspections and management of close-out
- Management of latent conditions and associated variations and delays
Clerk of Works (CoW) Services
- A MBB CoW will be appointed to the project
- The CoW will undertake 2-3 site inspections per week
- Construction work is reviewed against all relevant Australian Standards, the National Construction Code, and approved Building Permit Design.
- CoW services is an additional layer of protection for the OC and ensures best-practice workmanship is being provided.
- Coordination Final Inspection with all key stakeholders
- Review handover documents to ensure they meet contract requirements
- Contract close out and release of PC security
- Issue of Certificate of Practical Completion
Defect Liability Period (DLP):
- Assist the OC with MBS close-out of the Building Notice
- Contract administration for the 12-month DLP
- 12-month defect inspection and report
- Coordination of defect close-out
- Administration of final security release
Some of the collaborators we worked with
Breathing new life into Kilmore’s historic commercial precinct, renew civic pride and help to support businesses and jobs.